Friday, February 3, 2023

Key to My Heart: A Paper Pumpkin Blog Hop




Welcome to "A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!" Today we are sharing alternative projects using the Key to My Heart Paper Pumpkin Kit from January. When I create these alternatives I like to call it Up!STYLING my Paper Pumpkin. All of my Up!STYLED projects use the kit contents along with the True Beauty Stamp Set and the coordinating Organic Beauty Dies.


For this Fresh Freesia card I added some white embossed flowers. Once the embossed flowers were cool I used a Blending Brush to add Gorgeous Grape ink. For the leaves I used the Fresh Freesia Fine Shimmer Paper. They lend such a pretty touch to this card. 


These next two cards are the same, but different. The card on the left's background is the envelope paper. I adhered that to a Thick Basic White card base. Both cards have a special die cut circle layer. I used the tissue enclosed in the Kit's box and an Adhesive Sheet to create the crinkled look.


To ink up these flowers and leaves I used multiple ink pads and Blending Brushes. For the flowers I used Petal Pink and Polished Pink. The leaves are Fresh Freesia and Polished Pink.  I love the finished look of the blended inks.


I wanted to mash up the Kit's beautiful elements with basic shapes for this Petal Pink linking locks card. Are you wondering where I got a lock with a Petal Pink edge? I used a sponge and a White Ink Pad to alter the edges of one of the Mango Melody edged lock. The finished look is a perfect match to Petal Pink.



Again I did more ink blending for the flowers and leaves for this key hole card. The cut out design that Stampin' Up! created is brilliant so I wanted to take that idea and really zhuzh it up with lots of flowers and pretty elements for a extra fancy Valentine card.



There is lots more in this hop to see. So, click on each of the links below and enjoy the inspiration.




1 comment: