Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Easter is on It's Way

This monochromatic beauty was fun and quite quick to create.  I started with a half sheet of Watercolor Paper spritzed with water.  Next I worked quickly and stamped the largest floral image from Birthday Blooms with Crushed Curry.  With the paper good and wet I watched as the image quickly wicked.  Once the paper was fully dry I inked up the same floral image in Hello Honey ink and stamped over the original watercolored image. After I trimmed the Watercolor Paper to fit my card front I adhered it to a Crushed Curry piece of card stock.

On a piece of Vellum Card Stock I stamped the Easter greeting from Suite Sayings with Hello Honey.  I really had to work hard to resist the temptation to speed up the drying process by using a heat tool.  By letting it air dry the vellum didn't curl under the intense heat of the air gun.  The Gold Bakers Twine is helping to hold the vellum in place and I put Mini Glue Dots under the sequins to really anchor the overlay to the card.

1 comment: