Friday, December 8, 2023

Warm Wishes: A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop



Let me wish you a big warm welcome to our A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop. This month's hope is all about the Warm Wishes Kit from November. I kept things super simple, I mean SUPER SIMPLE. My first alternatives here are what I call "no brainers." You see I used the front of the houses to embellish the 5" x 7" Add On Cards so, it made total sense to whip these leftovers into tags.


I gathered ribbons that matched the kit colors and style to add long tails to my tags. I use these long tails to tie onto large bows on Christmas packages. I definitely had to add a bit of stampin' and dimension. The roof and the wreaths in the window are all popped up with dimensionals included in the kit.


I made six more tags with elements from the kit, last month's coordinating kit, and some Chic Dies snowflakes. The base for these tags is one of the Add On Cards. First I cut two inches off the bottom of the card. Then I cut that in half to create two 2" x 5" tag bases. The next four tags measure 2 1/2" x 5". Use the photo below to get a visual of how I cut the card into tags.


When I design one tag I most always make a second one very similar. These two tags include snowflakes that I cut from the Chic Dies. The colors include Gold Glimmer, Night of Navy, Old Olive, and Starry Sky. Again, I kept the ribbon tails long and used about 18" of the white Herringbone Ribbon. I tied the tops of the tags with gold from the Gold and Silver Combo Pack.


My next two tag designs were super easy and fast to put together. I simply cut one the houses in half and added one to each tag. I did pop up a wreath in the window.


I should mention that I shaped all of these tags with the Very Best Trio Punch. I'll add my two cents here and say it really is a very best punch if you are a tag maker like me. For these two white tags I used leftovers from last month's coordinating kit "Home for the Holidays." Last little detail on each tag are the silver stars. Those were cut from one of the accent pieces in the Wanted To Say Dies.


Next month's kit looks like it's going to be super charming. You are not going to want to miss out on the "All the Best" Paper Pumpkin Kit. Subscribe by December 10th. Subscribe with me and become a member of the Up!STYLE Backstage Pass Group!



This kit is going to include:
9 cards; 3 each of 3 designs.
9 coordinating envelopes.
1 Acetate box to fit cards and envelopes from the kit.
1 Pebbled Path Stampin’ Spot.
1 photopolymer stamp set.
Embellishments.
Specialty gold foil die cuts.
Enough adhesive to finish the project.
Finished card size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (10.8 x 14 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Crushed Curry, gold foil, Old Olive, Pebbled Path

Be sure to join us for more of this month's alternative projects by clicking on each of the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment