Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Artisan Post #19 - Light the Sky


For my last Artisan Assignment for the 2023 Team I created two cards featuring the Light the Sky Bundle. This set of stamps is filled with fireworks in all sizes and celebratory themed greetings. I made an oversized square card and a custom sized slimline card.


My Fresh Freesia New Year's card measures 4" x 6 3/4" and it has a side fold. The ink colors include Night of Navy, Berry Burst, Poppy Parade, Fresh Freesia, and Calypso Coral. How did I come up with this color palette? 


The colors came from my square card. My top layer on this card was blended with inks first and then die cut with the largest piece from the Light the Sky Dies. Underneath that layer is a sheet of the Masterfully Made DSP. I was inspired by that piece of paper for my ink and cardstock color choices.

Both cards include banners. Those were all die cut from the Nested Essentials pack. On the square card take a close look at the stamped banners and the stitched embossing. Included in the Light the Sky Dies is a small stitched firework piece that doesn't cut it just creates a background--it's so cool.







No comments:

Post a Comment