Tuesday, June 27, 2017

HSS #267 Goes for Intense Colors

Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim, and Rich Razzleberry are the colors we are putting together for Hand Stamped Sentiments current color challenge.  These rich saturated colors are perfect for a punch of summer fun.  Punch you ask?  Yeah, the Lemon Lime Twist adds a spunk and brightness to the denim and berry tones that fits the hot summer weather of June here in San Jose!

My take on today's color challenge is totally inspired by Susan Wong's Pieces and Patterns card found on the Crafty Carrot Collective Blog Hop.  Their hop is fabulously amazing, but Susan's card said "case me" and so I did.

I have used the Pieces and Patterns stamp set with Basic Black Archival Ink along with both Shimmer White and Whisper White Thick Card Stocks.  I did some quick watercoloring and fussy cutting then finished with a bit of Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape and strip of Eastern Palace DSP.
For the colors I added in some Powder Pink ink and Flirty Flamingo Bakers Twine.  I have picked up a couple new colors of twine and I am lovin' them.  The Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo twines are so awesome.  Can I just say that I love twine!

1 comment:

  1. Love this card!! You've used the colors really well! You're not making it very easy for me to pick one of your stunning cards as inspiration for the TGIF challenges, lol, hope I can pick one for this week is over!

    ReplyDelete