Friday, June 23, 2017

#TGIF113 Bokeh Bouquet

For #TGIF113 we are showcasing a cool technique that many stamp enthusiasts enjoy.  It's the Bokeh technique.
There is a Japanese term for the subjective aesthetic quality of out-of-focus areas of a photographic image called Bokeh (pronounced "boo-kay" or "bow-kay).  It has been a fun stamping technique that has been floating around for a while, and at TGIF the designers are giving it a try this week.
For my take on this technique I "bokehed" on one of the lightest sheets of Wood Textures DSP.  I inked circles using Berry Burst, Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, and Whisper White.

Once I had a super cool background page I decided to create a bouquet for my bokeh ;0)

I cut lots of flowers from the Beautiful Bouquet Framelits set and then watercolored them with the same inks I used to create my bokeh background and an AquaPainter.  To give the bouquet some interest I added Gold Glimmer leaves and Linen Thread to bind the stems.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, colors and really nice Bokeh technique! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a stunning card Elizabeth! Love the background, and love how you put the flowers together like they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much Elizabeth! I wondered which paper it was that you "Bokeh'd" on! Anyone would love to receive this card! Our Anniversary is in October! Just saying! 😉 💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your bokeh technique on this card. So pretty and subtle with the differnt colors sponged on--a great backdrop for that beautiful bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete