Sunday, July 2, 2017

Creation Station In Color Blog Hop

Being that it is the first Sunday of the month it's time for a Creation Station Blog Hop!

You have arrived here from an amazing stamper's blog--Breelin Renwick.  She and I have been hopping together for Monday Montage for several years.  And now we are lucky to have her sharing with us all at Creation Station!!! 
All of my cards feature one or two of the 2017-2019 In Colors, the Lovely Words Thinlits, and the Eclectic Layers Thinlets and a variation of pleats.   I haven't added a pleated accent of DSP to a card in a super long time.  The last time I did was for a post on my blog in 2011, so I thought I would give it go.  (You can see that post by clicking here).
For this card I filled in the word hugs with a Fine Tip Glue Pen.  In person it looks like grape jelly.
Here's how you make the Box Pleats for the Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig cards:

  • Cut a strip of designer paper or cardstock 1.5”-3.5" x 9"-12”.
  • Using the Simply Scored Tool score the strip at 1”, 1.25”, 2”, 2.25”, 3”, 3.25”, 4”, 4.25”, 5”, 5.25”, 6”, 6.25”, 7”, 7.25”, 8”, 8.25”, 9", 9.25", 10", and 10.25".
  • Fold on the scorelines by folding the first score back and the second forward, then the third score should fold forward and the fourth should fold back.  Repeat this pattern to form the box pleats.
  • Glue pleats in place.
  • Align folded pleats on card front, adhere to card, and trim sides where needed.
Your next stop is with Dena Rekow where I am positive she will inspire you.  Just so you know, I visit her blog almost everyday stamp day to get my creative juices movin'.

to Dena Rekow
to Breelin Renwick

5 comments:

  1. Love the pleats! These cards are so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful selection of cards you've treated us to. I love the clever folding of the DSP and the beautiful collage of die cut images. Really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely divine pleating, Elizabeth. Your creations are so beautiful. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, really love your pleating! Really fun idea! Loved hopping along with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning array of cards!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete