Sunday, April 7, 2024

The Wow of Heat Embossing


Being the first Sunday of April it's time for a Creation Station Blog Hop. This month our theme is heat embossing, a stampin' technique adored by most paper crafters. For these cards I pulled out both white and black embossing powders to create some cute Little Dreamers baby cards.


I started this Congratulations card with a mix of heat embossing and watercoloring. I stamped the Drizzling Droplets background stamp on a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Once the piece was cool I stamped the Drizzling Droplets again directly on top of the embossed image using a mix of Misty Moonlight and Boho Blue Ink Pads. Then I used a Water Painter to paint a wash all over. Try this technique it's super fun!


I did a bit more heat embossing for the greeting and the elephant. This time I used black EP. What's cool about watercoloring a heat embossed image is that the raised edges contain the water/ink/paint.


I did a bit more of the heat emboss resist technique for thus Big Love card. I started by stamping and embossing the stars on a piece of Fluid 100 Water Color Paper. I heat embossed the stars with white EP and then painted a watercolor wash of Smoky Slate and Misty Moonlight.


To enhance the stars I painted the inside of each star with plain water and immediately blotted the star dry. That process lifted some of the blue wash. Then I added Wink of Stella to each star. In real life this card is super adorable.


Stay tuned for more heat embossing ideas as you continue through our hop today. Next up is Rachel at Naptime is Stamptime. She always stamps up the best projects. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting.





2 comments:

  1. These are lovely, the layering of techniques and colours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set anyway, but you've created some absolutely wow cards to go with it. Love the ribbons and your water colouring tips.

    ReplyDelete