Friday, March 3, 2023

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop: Sunshine & Smiles


Welcome, welcome all to our blog hop today. We are A Paper Pumpkin Thing and we are sharing alternative projects showcasing the Sunshine and Smiles Kit from last month.

February's Paper Pumpkin Kit has been OUTSTANDING in every way. It's totally adorable, it coordinates with the Rain or Shine Suite Collection in the Jan.-Apr. Mini Catalog, and it had an add on of dies. 



My first project here is what I call a One Sheet Wonder Box. It's made from a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Balmy Blue cardstock (I have shared the pattern below). I included some of the Rain or Shine DSP to decorate the box. And then used printed die cuts from the PP Kit to embellish the box front.
 


For the circle handles I used two pieces from the Stylish Shapes Dies cut from Thick Basic White. I did use some Blushing Bride Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon (retired) to tie the handles together and finish the box with some spring style.


For this card I flipped the kit card base inside out. I used the Stylish Shapes Dies again to cut the circle layer and the banner. Both were cut from a scrap of one of the yellow plaid card bases. The focal bunny is from the coordinating Rain or Shine DSP. I used my paper snips to cut out the image.


Before I added the die cut circle to the card I splattered Balmy Blue ink with a Water Painter. I wanted to mimic the raindrops. Another detail to note is that the flower printed die cut on the left was cropped. I saved the flowers I cropped off for another project. 


Here's a look at the inside. You can see behind the opening I added white cardstock. It's a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Thick Basic White Cardstock which I splattered with more Balmy Blue ink.



Be sure to click on each of the links to hop with each of us sharing projects today. Also, be sure to be signed up for this month's 10 Years of Growth Paper Pumpkin Kit. From the sneak peeks the kit looks like it will be filled with bold colors AND a second stamp set! Sign up by March 10th. 




1 comment: