Sunday, March 5, 2023

Creation Station is Ink Blending


Ink blending is out theme this month for our Creation Station Blog Hop. I blend ink all the time when I am stampin'. Sometimes I blend ink on white cardstock other times on colored cardstock, but for this hop I blended ink colors directly on stamp images.


It's a simple technique with a big impact. Simply pick two colors for your image. Next ink up in the your stamp with the lighter color. Load a Blending Brush with your darker ink color and then tap it here and there directly on your image and stamp on your paper.

For several of the flowers in these cards I used Pale Papaya, my lighter color, and Polished Pink. A couple of the other flowers were stamped with Pale Papaya and Cajun Craze.



All three cards feature the stamps and dies from the Desert Details Bundle. I also used the Delicate Desert DSP, the Dry Brushed Specialty Paper, and the Gold Faceted Adhesive-Backed Sequins. All together these products are part of the Delicate Desert Suite Collection.



Take a close look at the many "delicate details" in the die cuts. This is why I added this bundle to my library of products--the dies are FANTASTIC!



I hope you have been inspired to try ink blending directly on your rubber stamps. Next up in our hop is the sweet and super talented Rachel. Let's go see what type of ink blending she has been doing.





1 comment: