Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Lilypads and a Heron

It's inspiration board time over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Check it out it's a beautiful set of photos gathered together to spark all kinds of inspiration. 

For the challenge I decided to grab one of my favorite stamp sets, Lilypad Lake and it's matching Lakeside Framelits, to design a card with a bit of Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, and Melon Mambo.
I stamped the images in Black Stazon on Whisper White so I could do a quick and simple watercolor detailing of each piece.  Once the pieces were dry I cut them out using the matching framelits.  I added some of the white accents from last year's catalog and a scrap of ticket paper from my leftovers.  You see I keep punched and cut bits and pieces from earlier projects that I don't use in a jar in my stamp cabinet.  When I feel like a card needs just a little something to give it that last finishing detail I go to that jar and usually find just just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment