Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Convention Swap

Being that I love Halloween decor I decided to join a swap at Convention that was all about Halloween.  It was a fabulous swap of 13+1.  How appropriate was that?  This is the card I made to trade.  I started out knowing exactly what I wanted to do and thought they would be pretty quick and simple--wrong!  They took forever.  Those cute little candy corn punched from the new Pennant Punch from Stampin' Up! took a long time to complete.   

The black background piece is super cool.  First, I ran a piece of Basic Black through the Spider Web embossing folder and then I reran that piece through the Big Shot with an inked up Trick of Treat Letterpress Plate.

I sponged a couple colors to shabby up the bottom piece of First Edition DSP.  I used Pumpkin Pie and Basic Grey.  The candy corn are backed with Rich Razzleberry and the entire pennant is threaded on Linen Thread which is attached to the card with Vintage Brads.  To give the entire card a bit more interest I distressed the edges.  I do this step once everything is glue in place as I find it much quicker and easier to work against the resistance rather than just holding a piece of paper in mid-air.

Click over to the Passionately Artistic Linking Party for more cool hand crafted ideas.  I have posted my card there and have seen some amazing hand made projects.

4 comments:

  1. oooh
    I luv the pennant and it's hard to believe October will be here soon..
    Don't forget to add it to our linking party this week at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    have a great week,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love how you used the embossing folder and the letterpress-genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is right up my alley!! I LOVE Halloween and I love love love this card!! I wish I would have been in that swap to get my little ole' hands on this card!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #27 with a link back to your blog on 7-31-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing card! I love the candy corn banner!

    ReplyDelete