Sunday, September 3, 2023

Creation Station is Going Monochromatic


Welcome everyone to Septmenber's Creation Station Blog Hop. Our theme for this month is "monochromatic." From my pictures you can see I chose to go with a single palette of blues. I mixed Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, and Night of Navy colors with a splash of Basic White.


When our monochromatic theme was announced I immediately thought of the Countryside Inn DSP and how it is a fantastic mash up of all shades of blue. So, that is where my inspiration started for this card. Next, I needed some stamps and dies.


My flowers were cut from the Paper Florist Dies. I layered them on a panel of Countryside Inn DSP which I cut with the Countryside Corners Dies. Then, that panel is layered on a piece of Countryside Inn DSP. While this card is mostly all about the flowers I did have some simple stamping for the greeting. I used a birthday image from the Modern Garden Stamp Set. I felt it needed to be simple so the floral dies would be the star of the show.


Two more things to note on this card. First, I colored white Essentials Twine with a Balmy Blue Stampin' Blend. And second, the sparkling navy flowers are die cut from the Soft Shimmer 12" x 12" Specialty Paper. Have you seen that paper IRL? It's gorgeous and colors in the pack include Night of Navy, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Lost Lagoon, and Pretty Peacock.


I hope you're enjoying our monochromatic creation. Next up in our hop is the super amazing Barb Pfeffer. Click over to see what fun stuff she has been stamping.






1 comment: