Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Boise River Float for 7 Days of Scrapbooking


Welcome to day one of "7 Days of Scrapbooking."  For this kickoff day I am sharing a mini-album I started quite some time ago and never finished.  This full week long event was the perfect push I needed to complete this hand made mini memory keeping album.  What took me so long to finish?  Who knows, I have no excuses.  The book base was made and the photos were printed I was just busy with other projects.


I have always enjoyed scrapbooking to capture and hold memories in pages decorated with stamped images, layered die cuts, and embellished with all kinds of adornments.  I have found over time, 24 years as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, my most favorite form of memory keeping is creating mini-albums.



Back in the summer of 2020 we set out to float the Boise River.  I was a bit intimidated by the thought of floating in the middle of a major river.  I got over my hesitancy and took the plunge.  This was an INCREDIBLE day.  So awesome I had to devote time to create a token of remembrance of that fantastic day.  To create this mini-album I used the July 2021 'The Adventure Begins' Paper Pumpkin Kit.  


I used the printed envelopes from the Kit as the base pages for the mini-album.  The fold out cards from the Kit were perfect for layering on the envelopes and providing lots of places for photos.

Mostly, I used only the Kit items for this project.  I did use the Playful Alphabet Dies (retired, but stickin' around in my stash) and Dimensional Sheets for the letters throughout the mini-album along with Linen Thread and Wink of Stella.


Before I printed my photos I added bits of journaling to each picture.  The first photo reads "This float of the Boise River is 2 1/2 hours of cool fun!"


The stamps included in the kit worked so well with my theme.  For some titles I would mask the greetings to get just what I wanted.  I love being creative that way and finding lots of custom greetings by rearranging or omitting parts of stamp images.



The blank spaces on the envelopes which were intended for addresses were just the right areas to highlight dates and decorations.  The page to the right with the lantern opens up to the "thrill of the chill" layout.


The water was super cold getting in, in fact I couldn't breathe for a bit.  Once it, it felt great.


This is the last page spread.  The right side opens to reveal the entire photo.  At the end of the float my son pulled my tube to the river bank.  My legs were numb and so freezing cold I couldn't stand up.  He had to yank me up!


 Be sure to come back and check out more days of scrapbooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment