Sunday, July 5, 2020

Creation Station In Colors


Happy July to everyone and a big welcome to our Creation Station monthly blog hop.  For our theme this July we were to create with the new 2020-2022 In Colors.  We could use any combination of the new colors along with Whisper White.  I chose to use all five to make an Accordion Foldout Folio Sampler featuring Misty Moonlight, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee, and Cinnamon Cider.


I have used some fabulous stamps and dies to put together this unique dimensional mini-album.  It's made of one sheet of Whisper White, a couple cover panels, and lots of additional pieces to create layers of color and dimension.  (Scroll down for pattern and folding instructions)


To complete the project and secure my portfolio closed, like a book, I made a belly band which slides on and off for easy access.  I really prefer the use of belly bands to maintain my original design/look.  



Here is the cutting and scoring instruction sheet.

And this includes the folding instructions.

Here's a closer look and the alternating accordion folds.


I used five die sets for this accordion folio.  First you saw the Poppy Moments Dies used for the belly band.  Now on the inside I have used the Playful Alpabet and Well Written Dies.  What's really awesome is the thickness of the Playful Alphabet die cuts used for "fur pals" and "nana/bruno."  I cut those from cardstock and Dimensional Sheets for perfectly shaped dimensionals.


For the photos of Nana and Bruno I added an ombre effect to each picture.  Each two color ombre was a combination of the new In Colors.  You can really see this effect on the picture mounted on the Misty Moonlight DSP with the text pattern.  These ombre washes of color bring a fun sense of cohesion to the finished look.


If you're like me you're loving the new In Colors.  Next in our hop is the fabulous Julie Beltramo.  I'm alway in awe with her handmade stamped projects.  Enjoy the hop and as always happy stampin'.


Products Used
2020-2022 In Color Asst. Cardstock Pack | Whisper White Cardstock | 2020-2022 In Color 6x6 DSP
Poppy Moments Dies | Well Written Dies | Playful Alphabet Dies
Stitched Shapes Dies | Stitched So Sweetly Dies
Free as a Bird Stamp Set | Misty Moonlight Ink Pad
Butterfly Duet Punch | Delightful Tag Topper Punch
Rainbow Glimmer Paper | Foam Adhesive Sheets
Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack | 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots

1 comment:

  1. WOW What a lot of fabulous detail! I love seeing the Poppies made in different colours to red and I love the use of the background stamps on the front of this amazing project. Great work xx

    ReplyDelete