Friday, February 14, 2020

#TGIF251 Best Moments

So, this challenge #TGIF251 could be interpreted as a scrapbook page or a square card with a photo. I saw it first as a scrapbook page so, that was the direction I decided to take this sketch.  To be exact an 8.5" x 8.5" layout.



I totally knew which photo I wanted to focus on.  I love this picture that was taken almost a year ago of Newel and I at Disney World's Animal Kingdom.  I had never been to that park before and since then this has become my #1 favorite spot in all the Orlando Disney Parks (I'm going for a third time next week).  To be specific this was taken on the Harambe Bridge with Mount Everest in the background.  I just love this view!  The river below was lush and full of countless lily pads and bright blooming water lilies.


To capture the glistening sparkle of the water I chose to use the Pigment Sprinkles to create a one of a kind background paper.  Then accents of images and die cuts from the Lovely Lily Pad Stamp Set and the Lily Pad Dies cut from Lily Impressions DSP add a bit of decor to the page.


I found a perfect sentiment to add my page.  It comes from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set.  Sometimes you can find great phrases in unexpected places.  I stamped it on Whisper White and cut it with a circle from Stitched Shapes and backed it with a Silver Foil scallop.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous scrapbook page!!! I love the black and white photo with the vibrant colors of the pigment sprinkles. Brilliant idea!!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete