Sunday, November 3, 2019

Creation Station's Got Girl Power


With it being the first Sunday of the month today is the day for another Creation Station Blog Hop. Our theme for this month's hop is "Girl Power."  This hop gives up the chance to show off our sassy/spunky/flashy/funky attitude of love and gratitude.


A sparkling bejeweled crown says "girl power" to me.  It was the first thing that came to mind for this theme.  What I wasn't thinking of was the teal and aqua color palette.  I had planned to use bright toned embossed flowers, but as I was trying things out it just wasn't jiving for me.  So, I tossed all the flowers aside and went with a power palette of strong lines to showcase the greeting and crown.


For the crown I stamped on Gold Foil Paper with Versamark Ink which I heat embossed with a mix of Clear Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.   I've mentioned this mixture in previous posts and to make it work you need more clear powder than glitter.  Experiment with this technique and you'll love the results you can achieve. 



It was so nice of you to stop by my Blog to see our Girl Power Hop.  Next in the line up for you all is Denita Wright-Smee.  Hop on over to her blog to see how she played up this month's theme.


Product List
First Frost Stamp Set | A Wish for it All Stamp Set | Free as a Bird Stamp Set
Rectangle Stitched Dies | Frosted Bouquet Dies | Doily Wishes Dies
Basic Black, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, & Pool Party Cardstocks
Versamark Ink | Gold Glimmer Paper | Noble Peacock Foil Papers
White Embossing Powder | Clear Embossing Powder | Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Whisper White Baker's Twine | Basic Pearls

3 comments:

  1. Every element & detail is divine, Elizabeth. Great colours, and the crown is just perfect! D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just stunning, I love all of the layers and textures. The crown finishes off your card nicely.

    ReplyDelete