Friday, June 22, 2018

#TGIF165 Darling You're Fabulous

This week's challenge over at #TGIF165 is to have some fun interpreting an inspiration photo. 


This challenge is all about summer and what is more fitting for the season than a lemonade stand? 
Well if you will allow me I'll tell you what is more fitting.  For me it is a taco truck and if I'm really lucky it's one that serves pineapple agua fresca.




For my spin on the challenge I combined the TGIF inspiration photo and the above picture I saw online.  I was drawn to the minty-aqua and gold colors of the cups which sparked an idea I had to try.  For my card I made some colorful pineapples using the pinecone dies from the Pretty Pines Thinlits.  I combined my pinecone pineapples with the Stitched All Around Stamp Set and the Stitched Labels Framelits for a spunky, fun, and fresh look perfect for the summer days ahead.


My colors include Whisper White, Basic Black, Pineapple Punch, Flirty Flamingo, and Coastal Cabana.  I also added some great embellishments that are new in the catalog; I tied a bow of Pool Party and Silver Baker's Twine and dotted a few Metallic Pearls here and there.  The fancy black scalloped boarders are strips of the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape.  Cute don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Love everything about this card. The creativity and awesome color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, how you turned pinecone dies into pineapple! Clever girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto from your friend down the street. Too bad you can't patent your clever ideas.
    I am happily gazing at your witty pinecones turned pineapples on your cheerful card. Love your blog Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. จีคลับ was awesome to locate this one. I will end up being returning to look at some other posts that you have another time.

    ReplyDelete