Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Heart Sketches!

That's right, I am in love with sketch challenges.  I like them much more than color or inspiration challenges.  Don't get me wrong I like those types of challenges, but sketches are my favorite.  For today I am giving you a look at what I made after being inspired by the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
For sketch challenges I always test myself.  First, I study the sketch and ponder some ideas.  Then, I shut my computer and create my card, which includes the sketch layout, from memory.  Sometimes I am right on the money with the sketch; every now and again I am way out to dinner.  For this one I think I am on the money!
Here is what I used:
1.  Card base:  6" x 6" Soft Sky folded in half.
2.  Sweet Sorbet DSP 2 7/8" x 5 7/8"panel.
3.  Punch (3) Triangles from Sweet Sorbet DSP.
4.  Ink See Ya Later image with Peach Parfait, Smokey Slate, Pool Party, & Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Markers.
5.  Crop image using the 2 /12" Circle Punch.
6.  Layer punched focal image on a Peach Parfait Starburst Framelit & add to card with Dimensionals.
7.  Add Basic Pearls.
8.  Add wooden people pieces from the December Paper Pumpkin Kit.

3 comments:

  1. I love the little man and woman symbols on your card. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I have some of the people images...haven't used them yet...You are inspiring me...tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE little people, those are perfect! I love the triangles, very interesting, and the shape of the card is so cool!

    ReplyDelete