Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Soft and Muted Christmas Colors

I always love incorporating less traditional colors for Christmas cards and projects. These muted tones are super pretty and soft and are an eye catching look for a holiday card. I started with the Northern Flurry TEIF which I pre-inked with Gold Encore ink on the raised side. I ran the paper through I upside down so I could get a debossed look with gold details. It's a subtle look and perfectly matches the color combo. Speaking of color combo, this palette is being hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments. I hope you join us and share your spin and these gentle hues.
I inked up the O Holy Night image with Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Markers and then stamped it on Very Vanilla. I trimmed the piece up and cut a fishtail in the bottom. Behind that I included a layer of Cantaloupe Crisp. To tie it all together I wrapped the card with Calypso Coral Bakers Twine and then finished with Soft Sky stars and Basic Rhinestones.

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the gold ink in the snowflakes. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn pretty! I love the Non-Christmas colors, brilliant card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to CASE every little bit of this. Do I say that a lot?! It's just so pretty and perfect in every way :) That stamp is amazing with the color combo.

    ReplyDelete