Friday, October 12, 2012

Pretty Paper Bow

How about a quick card with an autumn feel for today's post?  I started with the leaf print from the Orchard Harvest DSP pack and let the paper direct the design of the card.  I glued the leaf panel of DSP to a base of Old Olive card stock and then ran the layers through the Framed Tulips TIEF.  I included a light sanding to the raised images for added flair.  The focal panel features a heat embossed "just for you" window frame in a Silver Flourish Frame.  It's tricky to see but there is a gingham panel punched to fit the silver frame and back all the focal bits.  My favorite part of the card is the paper bow and wooden button.


To make the bow I cut a strip of 1/2" x 8" piece of DSP and folded the ends inward to form loops.   Then I used linen thread through the button to secure the loops of the paper bow.  The silver frame is detailed with a couple mini brads to match.

Happy Friday, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love how you've embossed the paper with the cardstock then sanded it! Great look! Wonderful way to use the Silver frame with the sentiment, button and bow also! Thanks for the inspiration I always get from you and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the button and bow! I think the sentiment and colored brads on the flourish frame. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete