Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fancy Favor Luminary

I can't tell you how cool this Fancy Favor Luminary looks in person with a lit candle.  It is totally awesome and was quick and easy to put together.

First, I ran a half sheet of Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP through my Big Shot using the Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die.  Then I cut a Labels Colleciton Framelit window in one panel.  I used the third smallest framelit.  Then I stamps the "treats" image from Toxic Treats on a piece of Window Sheet using Jet Black Staz On Ink.  Then I used the new Heat Tool from Stampin' Up! to dry the ink.  There is a low setting which is perfect and will not buckle and curl the for window sheets.  Then I used Mini Glue Dots to stick the panel inside the window.  I formed and secured the box, added a star medallion, and then a banner.  As a note, my votive candle is inside a glass votive holder.  Isn't it awesome?  I love it and I am going to toot my own horn :0) 

Be sure to hop along all the stops on the Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.


4 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Elizabeth! I love the way it looks. I went ahead and added a link to your blog so your project shows. Thanks for creating amazing things for The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. I truly appreciate it!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Elizabeth, another fabulous project!! I love this little Halloween luminaria!!! Ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your luminary! What an awesome project! I think you did a pretty good job capturing photos, but I'd love to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete