Saturday, July 21, 2012

CCMC NE5

I am so diggin' Baja Breeze and Calyso Coral together.  The colors remind me of the beach and warm days sitting under an umbrella, sippin' a Coke, and watching the waves roll in and out.  For the very last Saturday challenge at the New Catalog Edition of Create with Connie and Mary we are having a sketch challenge--my very favorite.  I love sketch challenges because the direct and motivate me more so than theme and color challenges.
For this card I busted out my brand new Flowering Flourishes stamp set.  I stamped the flourish with Versamark ink for a subtle look on my card.  To follow the layout I layered a Paper Daisy on a Whisper White Apothecary Accent Framelit Label.  The pattern paper is Floral District and the scallop trim is Lucky Limeade.  My greeting comes from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and was detail cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.  The last few touches include a Vintage Faceted Button, Basic Rhinestones, and a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.



Happy craftin, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. The subtleness of the background is super against the blue and coral. I agree with you, these two colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the paper flowers. I am always struggling for ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun! I love the embossing peaking out from the corner and your layered flower centre.

    ReplyDelete