Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Apothecary Art Gate Fold


This card is chuck full of some of my favorite stampin' goodies.  I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Poppy Parade piece of card stock.  I scored at 2 1/8" then turned the card 180 degrees and scored at 2 1/8" again to create the gate fold.


Then I added two pieces of Everyday Enchantment DSP, one to each of the front folds.  Next I inked up the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder with Crumb Cake ink and ran the full thickness of the card through my Big Shot.  I went slow because it was a bit tight and I didn't want to strip the gears of my most used tool of all, my Big Shot.  A quick sanding to the top of the embossed areas and the background was complete.


The focal of the card is the largest stamp from the Apothecary Art set which I colored with Stampin' Pastels and then toned them down by lightly sponging with Crumb Cake ink.  The piece was cut out using the Labels Collection Framelits and backed with another layer of Poppy Parade cut with the next size up of the Labels Collection.  The greeting is also from Apothecary Art and I decided to accentuate it with a ruffle of Victoria Crochet Ribbon.
 

I included a Pool Party Seam Binding bow and a few bits of pearls and a Twitterpated Designer Button.  A spritz of cheap hair spray and a sprinkle of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter adds just a bit a sparkle to finish the card.

Happy craftin, Elizabeth

1 comment: