Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stampin' Celebration #46

It has been a long time since I have stamped a card for a challenge so, today was the day to catch up.  When I came across the Stampin' Celebration Challenge I HAD to join in the fun.
This coming weekend I have a wedding where I am hanging large medallions over the dancefloor just like the inspiration picture.  I taught the Mother of the Bride how to make medallions.  We started with a 2" x 12" strip just to learn.   Then it became a challenge to see how big a medallion we could make.  We made the 8" across, then 10" and so on until we made them 24" across.  They are HUGE and super cool.  For the biggest we used eight pieces of 12" x 12" pieces scored every 1".



For my birthday card I used the Birthday Bakery stamp set because what is not to love about yummy looking cakes?  My card base is a side fold Melon Mambo layered with the Patterns Pack level one hostess designer series papers.  The banner of cakes is stamped on Whisper White with Jet Black Staz On ink.  I used an Aqua Painter to color the cakes and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add a bit a sparkle.  To the center of my Melon Mambo flower embellishment I added a chocolate Flower Brad with a Basic Rhinestone in the center of that flower.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Liz! I love the paper flower - how did you make that? SO fun!!! ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is great but I LOVE the big medallions for the wedding...bet it cost a pretty penny to make a bunch of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--cool medallion! Fun card too! Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. Great layout. But I have to say your oversized medallion made me say WOW! Great work. Thanks for sharing with Stampin' Celebration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card!! Love your flower. Those huge medallions are fabulous!! What a fun way to decorate for a wedding reception. Thanks for playing with us at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I love the the flower! Your medallions are fabulous! What a fun idea for decorations! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete