Thursday, March 3, 2011

Deck the Halls with Fun Flowers!


I am so happy to have found Mary Jo’s sketch challenges.  I really like this one with all details; I found it quite inspiring. Here is the sketch and my spin on it.
Do you recognize the fabric?  It is the Deck the Halls Designer Series Fabric from Stampin’ Up!’s past Holiday Mini Catalog.  Who says it has to be used only for Christmas?  I think it looks great with the Bliss stamp set and the First Edition DSP.
I had a few small pieces of the Deck the Halls fabric left which was just enough for a fun flower. So, using the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die I cut several of all the sizes of flowers from the fabric and some from the First Edition DSP.  For the fabric flowers I got them all wet with spray starch, I wadded them and crinkled them all up, and then I opened them to dry.  For the DSP flowers I crinkled and sponged al the edges.  To assemble the flower I used a Glimmer Brad.  You can push the brad right through one or two layers at a time.

All supplies are from Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Bliss
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and Soft Suede
Papers: Always Artichoke & Sahara Sand Cardstocks, First Edition DSP
Accessories: Deck the Halls Designer Series Fabric, Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, Vintage Trinkets, Linen Thread, Inkworks Air Gun, Decorative Label Punch, Smooch Paint (mixed & spritzed with rubbing alcohol)



1 comment:

  1. I love this. Beautifully done. Love the whole card, that fabric is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along this week with my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete