Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Amour Garlands

I told you I loved banners and garlands in an earlier post.  Well here is another that I made last fall while I was a our beach house in Capistrano.  It was made for the "Love Letter" section of our Sacramento Scrapbook Expo booth.  I waited this long to share it with you because I knew it would be a perfect post for this time of year.  A time of love.

So, funny thing as I was taking pictures of the garland, which is backed by a very gorgeous paper cone wreath made with a mix of Love Letter DSP and Newsprint DSP, because of the mirror you could see the reflection of my sofa.  Not so funny except you could also see the pile of laundry to be folded.  Not such a good shot and I like my pictures to be free of that stuff.  Well at least you know I clean up every now and again.


 The banner was made using the Pennant Bigz XL die from Stampin' Up!  I used all the papers from the Love Letter DSP pack, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Chantilly Crochet Ribbon, Big Designer Buttons, Basic Pearls, and the Alphabet Simple Bigz Dies.  Each of the letters are covered in Champagne Glass Glitter for that added bit of panache.  I also included some ivory tulle to give some added lacy texture.

2 comments:

  1. Great job with both the banner and wreath. The paper is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!! I looove everything you love too! :)
    in answer to your question...the dollar store;)or dollar tree.

    Can you believe it?? Ha! Ya never know what can be found there huh?

    Have a wonderful day Elizabeth and I just looove this banner and wreath.

    TOODLES!! Angela!

    ReplyDelete