Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Price is Right

It has all been about Christmas for the past few months which is a great thing, but I am in the mood to stamp and create projects that are not red and green or cherry and artichoke.  Where I live there are still trees dropping their fall leaves and right next to those trees are trees with budding blossoms, go figure.  To really put a spin on that, it's raining and super windy.  So, is it fall, winter, or spring?  With that in mind I am in the mood to bust out bright and cheery colors of spring.

I love the color palette and layout of this card.  It is soft and bright at the same time.  I do not normally mix designer series papers, but in this case I did.  A small piece of Greenhouse Gala is layered over a textured piece of Newsprint.  Not only have I used two different packs of dsp, but I also used three different Big Shot products.  Now that I look at the card I used three stamps sets.  How much did this card cost to make?  We should make this a guessing game.  Who can be the first to give the correct US price is the winner of a brand new car(d)!!!  Leave a guess in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Elizabeth! Putting aside the fact that the Big Shots and stamp sets can be used multiple times so the price should be amortized (LOL--it's how we justify it right?!?), I'm going to guess $135! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so my guess is $275, but I still can't figure out how you did the awesome background on the Blushing Bride piece (also, which I know is textured cardstock, but I only figured in the price for regular) - But as you know it's better to guess just a little low, because on the real Price is Right, if you go over it's done! So, under is good - and I Love this card!

    You're the bomb Liz!!

    ReplyDelete