Monday, August 24, 2009

Shimmer Paint with Dasher




At convention we learned that Dasher was the number 2 selling stamp. You can find the single stamp in the very back of the Stampin' Up! catalog in the under $10 section. There are some great finds on that page so check it out.

For these two cards I made my own custom stencil by cutting the Swirly die out of window sheet. I sponged with Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, and then Champagne Mist shimmer paint. I purposely designed these cards without dimensionals. If you know me and my #2 motto (when in doubt pop it out) you'll know how difficult it was to refrain from building up layers. My reason was to keep the designs thin is so they will go through the mail without having to add postage. To still give dimension to the one card I added the vellum swirl. 

The card with the vellum swirl was one of my Technique Time! projects from Friday. The second card was a make-n-take for an Inkerbelles group meeting yesterday. I always enjoy hanging out with my upline, Tami W. and all my side and downline buddies :0)

1 comment: