Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Joy of Noel for a Sketch Challenge


Try a sketch today! This one is from Hand Stamped Sentiments. For my spin on the sketch I used the Joy of Noel Bundle, the Paper Florist Dies, and the Happy Labels Pick a Punch.


For a two-tone effect I inked the mixed foliage and berry image with Old Olive Ink and then dabbed on Shaded Spruce Ink with a Blending Brush.  To give the images a bit more dimension I colored the leaves with Light Old Olive and Light Pool Party Stampin' Blends. The berries are colored with Wink of Stella.

I also used the Light Pool Party Stampin' Blend to add a subtle bit of color to the centers of the flowers. To finish the flowers I added Blooming Pearls.

For the greeting I customized the Christmas greeting from the Modern Garden Stamp Set to read "blessings of Christmas." I used both the Old Olive and Shaded Spruce Ink Pads to stamp the custom greeting on a 3/4" strip of Basic White Cardstock. Then I used the Happy Labels Pick a Punch to scallop the tag ends.








2 comments:

  1. Wow, Elizabeth, this is gorgeous! I love the swag you created, so festive, and now I have to take another look at those Florist dies, darn it, lol. Stunning colors!

    ReplyDelete