Sunday, July 16, 2023

Artisan Post #11 - Zany Zoo Crew


For July my Artisan assignment was the fabulous Zany Zoo Suite Collection. What a treat it was to make projects featuring the stamps, dies, papers and ribbon from this Collection. As you can see from the photo above I created three cards. One to feature the performing theme of the paper, another to focus on the hobby themes, and the last is a party theme. 


My favorite thing for this card is the rounded edge that mimics a stage front. It's simple and effective. I also love the blended tutus. I used Petal Pink Stampin' Blends to color them and added small Basic Rhinestones to the flower centers. In person the card is adorable.



For the knitting sheep card my aim was to create a cool background that would be both interesting and not upstaging. I wanted the chair and table to be front and center.


On my white layer I die cut the flowers in a few spots and then adhered them to give the illusion of being dry embossed. Once I glued this layer on the black and white print from the Zoo Crew DSP I was thrilled with how the negative die cuts "popped." Then once the I added the Lemon Lolly die cut flowers I thought the background was complete, cool, and not so typical.


The Zany Zoo Dies includes this fabulous stitched banner piece. I used the die to cut banners and arrange them to give a party feel.














No comments:

Post a Comment