Friday, January 13, 2023

#TGIF403 Sketch Challenge


With my Paper Snips and a gorgeous piece of Awash In Beauty DSP I fussy cut a stunning focal point for my card. This card is designed all around the latest sketch challenge at #TGIF403. While I had the stamps, dies, and paper out from the Awash in Beauty Suite Collection to create a card for the TGIF challenge I also made a couple more cards. 




This first card is based on a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Merry Merlot Cardstock. Then I layered a piece of Awash in Beauty DSP to mimic the sketch challenge. For the top layer of the sketch I added a white Tailor Made Tag which was my anchor element to showcase my focal point of fussy cut flowers. 


For this Balmy Blue card I created a fun background using the largest piece in the Organic Beauty Dies. Instead of using the diagonal grid, I used the negative pieces to create a one of a kind look. Another thing I did with this card is to stamp all the floral images on a piece of the Awash in Beauty DSP rather than white. I think it lends to the softer finished look of the card.


If you have watched any of my stamp classes you would know that I enjoy making "kickstand" cards. It's a clever cut for cards that gives you a three page card instead of a just front and inside. This variation of the "kickstand" is inside the card rather than on the front. Scroll down and see the inside.







No comments:

Post a Comment