Sunday, January 15, 2023

Artisan Post #1: Country Floral Bouquet


On Friday, Jan. 13 my first Artisan Design Team projects posted to Stampin' Up!'s social media. My assignment was to create 2-3 projects using the Country Floral Bouquet Suite Collection. I was thrilled with the task and loved creating these two fancy folded cards and gift box.


This is a bi-fold gate fold belly banded card. It's a super fancy Valentine in a non-traditional color palette. My challenge to myself was to explore color combinations that didn't include any red. While I know red is THE color for love I wanted to mix it up and use a favorite pairing of mine which is green and soft pink. And then, the Designer Series Paper of the Suite inspired me to add bright blue. 


I love how my bouquet of floral hearts came together to be the star of this card. The photo below gives a closer look at my hand-stamped heart flowers. I did do some color mixing directly on the images before stamping the hearts and leaves. I used both Petal Pink and Blushing Bride on the hearts and for the leaves I used Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow.


For this second card I did a bit of research. That's right I searched the internet for "country floral" to see what would pop up. I saw lots and lots of ruffles and pleats on lampshades and curtains and pillows. It all took me back to the 80s. 

With what I found on the internet I decided to wall paper and box pleat with DSP for my card. I even included a wainscoting of punched hearts to accentuate the 80s decor theme I was rolling with.
 


This box is super dimensional in real life. The five hearts that fill the belly band were easy to make. I punched ten hearts in total from the same DSP. Five were punched with the Petal Pink side of the DSP facing up and then the second five were punched with the same paper but with the Mossy Meadow floral side facing up.
 

I folded each heart in half from the dip to the point and then adhered two side by side to form a full heart. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach them to the belly band. I zhuzhed the assembled hearts with more stampin' of leaves and smaller hearts. For the tag I included stamped images which I fussy cut to embellish the larger stamped/punched heart.


Thanks for checking out the details of my first set of projects for the 2023 Artisan Design Team.





3 comments:

  1. Love these- that pleated fold is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wow! Love the bouquet of hearts, love the overlapping column of hearts on the box with the sequins on them, love the pleats and border of hearts flipped in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being selected for the Artisan Team for 2023. I can see clearly why, as your card selection and variation are beautiful and creative. Love that your search of the internet helped in your designing.

    ReplyDelete