Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Night in Bethlehem


Do you enjoy inspiration board challenges? I do as there is usually lots from which to choose and be inspired by for a new hand-stamped project. I'm positive you can tell which image was the inspiration for my Christmas card that I'm sharing today.


Are you wondering what stamp set I have used? I pulled out a retired stamp set and dies and gave them a revisit. The stamps are called Night in Bethlehem and the dies are called Bethlehem Edgelits. Do you remember that bundle?

In keeping with the mood set by the inspiration board scene, I created a starry sky background paper. I started with Balmy Blue cardstock which I stamped a large greeting from the stamp set with Versamark and then heat embossed with clear powder. Next, I blended on Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Pacific Point, and Night of Navy Inks. Water, Whisper White Ink, and Wink of Stella Splatters fill the inked background and last once everything was dry I die cut the piece with one of the Stitched Rectangles.


With the Bethlehem Dies I cut two of the colors from the Silver Foils Specialty Pack. The front die cut was dry embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Folder.







3 comments:

  1. This is such a WOW card!!! I love everything, absolutely EVERYTHING, about this one!!! I don't have the Bethlehem dies, but I do have an old set of village homes dies (I can't recall the name right now) and I think I may try to case your gorgeous creation. I'm can't stop admiring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background! You 100% captured the look of a starry sky! That ribbon and star pull out that hint of purple in the background and it's just a stunning scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set Elizabeth - and your background is stunning! You inspired me to dig out an old favourite to take part in the challenge too; as always, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete