Friday, July 29, 2022

#TGIF379 is Going Back to School

Our most current challenge at #TGIF379 is an inspiration theme that is all about "back to school."


Now, this theme is/was a TOTAL challenge for me as I don't teach school, nor do I have kids attending school so it is far FAR removed from my thoughts.  But, I do love a good challenge and was up for seeing what I could create with cues from this inspiration graphic.


Walla....Here you have a generic card to fit many occasions.  It has nothing to do with wishing students and teachers well in the new school year.  Instead it includes the primary colors, a layer mimicking a torn page from a notebook, and a dusty chalkboard for a background layer.

The chalkboard layer was great for highlighting the white embossed greetings.  I used the Biggest Wish Stamp Set for the "hello, hello, happy hello" greeting.  Each is embossed with White Embossing Powder on Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, and Basic Black.  The heart image was sitting on my desk.  It comes from the Ringed with Nature Stamp Set.  I stamped it on Poppy Parade with Versamark and heat embossed it with more White EP.


It just so happens that the Biggest Wish Stamp Set includes a tiny little background image of plus signs.  Score for me!  Now, in my school themed/inspired card I've got arithmetic!  I love the black chalkboard look complete with eraser smudges.  I achieved those smudges by swiping the black cardstock with an embossing buddy and then I sealed the powder with cheap hairspray.  Last, I couldn't help myself from adding splatters of Wink of Stella and a big loopy bow.





No comments:

Post a Comment