Friday, May 20, 2022

He's the Man Was My First


We have a fantastic challenge this week at #TGIF369.  For this challenge we are celebrating the release of the 2022-2023 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalog.  The idea is to use one, two, or however many inspirational cues from the new catalog cover to motivate your project.  I picked the card; specifically the background of the card.  AND, I chose to use the He's the Man Suite since it was the first new collection for me from this new catalog.



My spin on recreating a similar style background started with a Mint Macaron card base, blending brushes, and aMint Macaron Ink Pad, a Cajun Craze Ink Pad, and an Early Espresso Ink Pad.With a direct to paper technique I swiped Mint Macaron ink across the top of the card.  Then I did that again with the Cajun Craze pad and then last with Early Espresso.  I used Blending Brushes to smooth and add even more ink.  I kept working the colors until I achieved the look I was going for.  


All the decorative elements on the card are from the He's The Man Suite.  The collection includes a stamp set called He's All That and it has a matching set of dies.  Here's the coolest thing, the DSP for this suite has two pieces of die cut punch outs--all kinds of masculine icons and elements that compliment the stamps. 








No comments:

Post a Comment