Friday, December 31, 2021

#TGIF349 Closure Challenge


To close out 2021 our challenge at #TGIF349 is all about creating a closure for your hand stamped project.  My number one closure choice is a belly-band, so that's just what I did.  I secured the closure of this card with a beautiful belly-band wrap.



I inked up for the first time the brand new Honeybee Home Stamp Set for this challenge card.  It's a gorgeous set bundled with the coordinating Honeybee Bloom Dies which I used to cut out the floral and bee pieces.  For the belly-band I embossed a 3/4" wide strip of Gray Granite Cardstock with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.


My colors for this card include Gray Granite, Blushing Bride, Pale Papaya, Very Vanilla, and Gold all of which were inspired by a shower gel bottle by Bath & Body Works.


I pulled out a couple tried and true/must have die sets to complete this card, Stitched Rectangles and Layering Circles.  I mounted a rectangle under the front side of the belly band for interest and visual weight for the lower third of the card.  It's pretty obvious that the lovely greeting is where I used the circle dies.  Take a look inside and you'll see I used the rectangle dies again.


For the inner greeting I ran the cardstock through the die cutting machine twice to elongate the rectangle so it properly fit the text.  I used a Sponge Dauber to playfully add Pale Papaya Ink to the flowers.  You can't see it, but there are also touches of Wink of Stella in the floral centers and on the bee.

A few more details for the front include Gray Granite Stampin' Blend splatters, Metallic Pearls, Wink of Stella, Linen Thread (thinned out), and a hexagon from the Expressions in Ink Ephemera Pack.






No comments:

Post a Comment