Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Inspiration Board Challenge


We have exciting news at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Four new designers have been added to our team.  Jump over to our blog, Hand Stamped Sentiments, to meet Patti Beutner, Leah Dixon, Heather Heroldt, and Jolanda Johnstone.

On to our current challenge.  Take a look at this inspiration painting below.  It's our current work of art that is the focus of our latest challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I love the ethereal and quiet feel of this scene.  I wish I knew who the created this piece as I would love to give credit.


For my spin on this challenge I did a rather literal copy/recreation winter themed card using a variety of stamps, inks, and punches.  The main stamp set that I inked up was Forever Fern.  The pine bough image came from Merriest Moments and the deer is from Peaceful Deer.

To start this card I used Blending Brushes to add soft swathes of Smokey Slate, Pool Party, and Misty Moonlight Ink.  Colors for the variety of leaves include Evening Evergreen, Old Olive, Soft Succulent, and Smokey Slate.  Once the leaves were stamped I swirled on Whisper White ink to soften the look and imitate the ethereal quality of the inspiration painting.


Take a close look at the deer.  I stamped it on the Cork Specialty Paper and punched it out with the Deer Builder Punch.  What's super cool is the cork paper is the thickness of cardstock which makes it totally punchable!


Behind the deer is one of the lacy and iridescent Wonderful Snowflakes and a Linen Thread shoestring bow.  To get the thin weight I pulled a single piece, one of three, from the Linen Thread. Several Basic Rhinestones and Wink of Stella ink splatters were the last touches I included to finish up my card.





2 comments: