Sunday, April 4, 2021

Sweet Treat Packages for Creation Station


Happy Easter Sunday to all who stop by for today's Creation Station Blog Hop.  For this April's theme we were to design a Sweet Treat Package.  With all the fantastic products offered by Stampin' Up! this was an easy and fun challenge.



I had great plans to make a delicious little treat that would feature the Sweet Strawberry Bundle.  I could see bright red shining strawberries in a mini drink tote style goodie holder BUT then one of my Stampin' Besties sent me the cutest chick package for Easter I was then inspired to make a change to my plan.


I had to put my spin on a hand stamped paper crafted Easter chick.  I grabbed some Daffodil Delight cardstock and Mango Melody ink to make an adorable chick using the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set, Strawberry Builder Punch, and the Snowman Builder Punch.


Here's a close up look at the chick tag.  The body is the strawberry stamped upside down.  The little wing was stamped with a portion of the stem image and so was the beak.  For the eyes I used the tip of a stylus and the feet are the stick arms from the Snowman Builder Punch.  

I love the stitching details that frame the two tags.  By the way these were cut with the Potted Succulents Dies.  For the Happy Easter detail I used the Word Wishes Dies.  The words were cut the yellowy end of the ombre Rainbow Glimmer Paper.


So, here is a top view.  You can really see the shape of the box from this angle.


And, here is a side view.


Are you interested in learning to make this little tote?  I've taught the easy measurements, cuts, and folds to make this mini drink style caddy treat box.  You can create along with me; just gather the following items:  one sheet of cardstock, one 6"x6" piece of DSP to match, a trimmer/scorer, and some adhesive.  Click this link and watch the video.

Coming up next in today's Creation Station Blog Hop is the powerstamper, amazing paper crafter, the one and only Yvonne Spikmans-Van Bruggen!!!  Pop over to the Creative Teacup and see what Sweet Treat Yvonne has designed to inspire us all.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful little chick! It's so cute on the little tote--love the "Happy Easter" out of the Rainbow Glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun treat basket and I really love the Chick!! Never thought of that, I made an easter bunny with the same set last week.. they can match perfectly! And Thank you so much for your compliment, I was really blushing when reading that.. Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete