Thursday, December 3, 2020

A Paper Pumpkin Thing: Jolly Gingerbread


It's a happy day today!  We are sharing alternative, I call the up!styled, projects featuring the Jolly Gingerbread Paper Pumpkin Kit.  This adorable kit includes everything you need to create 15 gift card carriers and envelopes.  With a few additional supplies you can make all kinds of cuteness.  This blog hop is here to share lots of ways to whip up festive hand crafted paper projects.


By cutting an Acetate Card Box in half I made this gingerbread house mini treat carrier.  I really wanted to punch up the pink tones so I included a piece of Plaid Tidings DSP to "set the stage."  This particular paper has Calypso Coral and Melon Mambo which I feel is super fitting for the gingerbread details.


There are two Cinnamon Cider pieces cut from the largest of the Stitched Nesting Dies that back the second floor of the gingerbread house AND hold the two halves of the acetate boxes.

A pair of Melon Mambo punched and embossed trees flank the front door of the gingerbread house.  Both are spruced up with some Wink of Stella.


I borrowed the same layout for this next gift card carrier from my first project.  I cut a half sheet of Blushing Bride Cardstock and created an offset gate fold.  Each of the front flaps was embossed with the Tasteful Textile Folder.  The bottom flap was glued on just the edges to create a pocket.


For some extra dimension I double upped the trees to make them 3D. For extra sparkle, because you always need shine, I added several Iridescent Snowflakes. I love how their color picks up the Mint Macaron details in the gingerbread house.


The amazing Rachel Tessman is next up in today's hop.  She is brilliant at creating the most awesome alternative Paper Pumpkin projects.  Click through all of the names in the hop for lots and lots of inspiration and enjoy! 



1 comment:

  1. What a fun card design! I love that. Your treat box is beautiful - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete