Sunday, March 1, 2020

Creation Station Cream of the Crop Shake Up


Being the first Sunday of the month it means it's time for our Creation Station Blog Hop.  For March our theme was quite fun.  We were to pick our favorite stamp set, or bundle, and create an interactive card that flips, shakes, rattles, rolls, spins, or twists.  And that is just what my card does, it twists when you open it to reveal a mini-memory surprise.


There is an awesome video tutorial write up at Splitcoast Stampers on how to make a Twisted Pop-Up Card.  I followed the step by step directions to make my Tropical Oasis Twisted Pop-Up Card.


First, for the front I decorated a crisp white pineapple with a couple florals and leaves from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set and a white embossed greeting on Basic Black from the Seriously You're the Best Stamp Set.


Here's a side view of my card.  It's a bit chunky.  If I were to mail it, it would for sure need extra postage.



I used several cards from the Timeless Topical Memories and More Card Pack to decorate the inside of my twisted pop-up mini-memory card.  I did some fussy cutting to customize several of the cards.  I included a bit of stamping using the Make a Difference Stamp Set to do some low key journaling.  My ink colors were Basic Black and Terracotta Tile.




With a few added steps you can make an a interactive card to totally impress and thrill any receiver.  Sara Levin is next up in our Creation Station "Make it Interative" Blog Hop.  Get ready because she has a fantastic post ready for you.


Products Used
Timeless Tropical Cling Stamp Set | In the Tropics Dies
Seriously You're the Best Stamp Set | Make a Difference Stamp Set
Tropical Oasis DSP | Timeless Topical Memories and More Card Pack
Versamark Ink | Basic Black Ink (retired) | Terracotta Tile Ink
Mint Macaron Cardstock | Whisper White Cardstock | Basic Black Cardstock
5/16" Braided Burlap Trim | Basic Rhinestones | Basic Black Stampin' Blends


3 comments:

  1. Clearly Fabulous minds think alike! LOVE your card, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz: As usual, you win! Your card is at once retro and on fleek! I love the mini scrapbook inside--what a clever addition! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete