Friday, November 8, 2019

#TGIF237 Takes a Right Turn

Howdy friends!  Is today a craft day for you?  Do you need a creative boost to your stampin'?  Here's a sketch for you from #TGIF237 to get your imagination flowing.  



This is a basic sketch that offers tons of possibilities for designing just about anything.  I chose to turn the layout to a vertical orientation to best fit my card elements.  

My process was that I had the pattern paper layers glued together and all my other pieces planned and cut.  I manipulated them in a variety of positions and finally decided the most effective placement for everything was up and down rather than side to side in a horizontal format.


A super cool detail included is the spotted texture on the deer.  To achieve the look I brayered the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint on a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock.  Next, I heat set the puff paint which gave the paper a thin-thin layer of subtle texture.  I wasn't totally thrilled with that so I brayered another layer and even pounced the sponge brayer back and forth.  Then I heat set that layer and was much more impressed with the look.  Last, I cut the deer shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment