Thursday, October 3, 2019

A-Team Reunited Christmas Edition


I was going for a classic homespun Christmas design for the look of this festive card.  What's more classic Christmas than true red and olive green?  What's a more perfect homespun holiday style than gingham plaid check?  These combine for some sweet stylin' card elements that are perfect for sharing in this A-Team Renunited Hop.  

Who is the A-Team?  We are Stampin' Up! Artisan friends from the 2018 Design Team.  We are reuniting to showcase a few of our handmade projects we are making to get ready for the upcoming holdiday season.  Welcome to our Christmas Edition!


I pulled out some of my favorite stamp supplies from last year (First Frost Stamps and Frosted Bouquet Dies) and paired them with a couple new items from this year's Holiday Catalog (Toile Tidings DSP and Beautiful Boughs Dies).  Setting the stage for this card is the Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper layered simply on a Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock base.  Next, I added a light layer of red fuzz.  I pulled wispy pieces of Red Curly Ribbon apart and then softly looped them to give shape and direction.  To hold the loops in place I added my greeting label.


Creating paper rose bouquets is the part of creating this type of card that I like best.  I start by stamping and cutting a stash of pieces.  Next, I arrange and move them around to try various looks until I like the look and balance.  Last, I simply attach everything in place with Stampin' Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots.


Get ready for your next stop along this A-Team Reunited Christmas Edition Blog Hop to enjoy a glorious post from Sylwia Schreck.  I promise you're going to love it!


Product List
First Frost Stamp Set | Frosted Bouquet Dies | Beautiful Boughs Dies
Very Vanilla Thick and Regular Cardstocks | Old Olive Cardstock | Soft Suede Cardstock
Toile Tidings DSP | Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Real Red Ink Pad | Old Olive Ink Pad | Merry Merlot Ink Pad
Real Red 1/8" Curly Ribbon | Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels



2 comments: