Tuesday, June 4, 2019

HSS #316


At first glance the inspiration board for our latest Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge offers flowers, but with a more careful eye I saw lots more.  There are daisies, chrysanthemums, limes, sunflowers, palm trees, foliages along with some rich green, yellow, and blue tones.  What grabbed me were the purple and blue mums and the daisy.


I used the smaller floral image from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set to create a watercolor background panel as the start to my card.  My ink colors are Purple Posy and Seaside Spray.  First I spritzed a piece of Watercolor Paper with water and then stamped while wet to allow the colors to bleed and blend together.  To keep my paper from curling I also spritzed the back with water.


Once my paper was dry I trimmed it to fit a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top fold Purple Posy card base.  Using the Wonderful Floral Dies I cut a bunch of leaves in Seaside SprayCrumb Cakeand Highland Heather Cardstocks to decorate my greeting.  The "friend" image also comes from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set.  I embossed it with Whisper White on Basic Black and cut it out using the oval die from the Wonderful Floral set.

2 comments: