Sunday, March 3, 2019

Creation Station Birds, Blossoms, and Butterflies


Can you believe it's March already?  One great thing about the beginning of a new month means the designers of the Creation Station Team are ready to hop.  Our hop themes are different every month and are open to each designers interpretation.  We get to paper craft with Stampin' Up! products to make and share whatever inspires us.  This month our theme is "birds, blossoms, and butterflies."


I gravitated toward two of the theme elements, birds and blossoms.  I pulled out two classic fabulous products and beautiful pattern paper to create a little something that is gorgeous in real life.  I paired the Best Birds Stamp Set and Birds and Blooms Thinlits with a floral piece of paper from the Share What You Love pack of DSP.


I used Memento Black Ink for the stamped images and then used a mix of Stampin' Blends to color everything.  I totally borrowed my color palette from the paper and then cut out all the pieces with the Birds and Blooms Thinlits Dies.


To make this card a bit fancier I added bits from the Artisan Elements Kit, a Pearlized Doily, and a few found loose feathers.  I played around with different stamped sentiments, but finally decided on a Black Foil "thanks" cut from the Well Written Thinlits Dies.  I am really liking the foil as it looks like patent leather.


Thanks for joining me today.  Your next stop along our Birds, Blossoms, and Butterflies Blog Hop is with the lovely Sara Levin.  Her projects continually blow me away so jump over to check out her latest beautiful work.


Product List
Best Birds Stamp Set | Birds & Blooms Thinlits | Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
Share What You Love DSP | Crumb Cake and Whisper White Cardstock | Black Foil
Petal Pink, Old Olive, Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss, and Crumb Cake Light & Dark Stampin' Blends
Old Olive 1/8" Sheer Ribbon | Artisan Pearls | Pearlized Doilies | Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the coloring on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart with all that cutting, but my oh my! the detail it adds to the card is just stunning! Wonderfulness as always Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layering and details, Elizabeth. I love the added touch of feathers too. D x

    ReplyDelete