Friday, September 28, 2018

#TGIF179

I have been making lots of stamp painted backgrounds lately so it made total sense to use one for this new challenge at TGIF.  Creating your very own background is the theme for this weeks #TGIF179 technique challenge.  Whatever you can come up with for a custom background fits this theme.  Are you going to try it out?  Do it.  Stamp it.  Link it at #TGIF179.
I painted my night time background with the tree trunk image from the Winter Woods Stamp Set using Pacific Point, Blueberry Bushel, Night of Navy, Fresh Fig, and Blackberry Bliss Ink Pads.  I used the same image to paint the moon but used Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, and Pumpkin Pie Inks.  The trick is paint first then cut your design.

See how to make this card on my Facebook Live Video.
I cut the tree die from the new Black Foil Paper three times for my card.  I wrapped them in spider webs made with a glue gun.  I shared how to make the webs on a Facebook Live Video along with how to make this background.  You can find the video on my Seeing Inkspots Facebook Page.
The greeting comes from the Takeout Treats Stamp Set.  I inked up with Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Bushel, and Black Stazon.  I brayed the Diamonds Glimmer Paper Cat Punch out with black ink and then tied one of the Spider Elements around it's neck as a bit of added Halloween flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment