Tuesday, September 11, 2018

HSS #298 Winter Woods

I pulled out the brand new Winter Woods Stamp Set and the matching In the Woods Framelits to meet the sketch challenge for our most current challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
For my winter themed Christmas card I included colors and patterns that reminded me of a toasty cabin set in a frosty snowy setting.  Soft Suede, Whisper White, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler seemed perfect to combine with the Winter Wishes and Buffalo Check images.  All the layers of the Christmas are super easy to create when you use the In the Woods Framelits.  I stamped with tree image twice on Old Olive and then cut one with the larger tree and the second with the smaller.  I then layered the smaller on the larger with dimensionals.

I used the Celebrate You Thinlits to cut the "joy" out.  The die is intended to be the word "you" but if you turn it over and clip the "u" down you get the word "joy."
The Buffalo Check on each of these cards is stamped with Soft Suede.  I think it looks so awesome on both the Cherry Cobbler and the Old Olive.


1 comment: