Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Bird Stamp Sets for Hand Stamped Sentiments #286

Two totally awesome bird themed stamp sets is what I used to create my card for this sketch challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments #286.  I grabbed the Best Birds and Flying Home to put together a  sweet friendship cards.  I have such fabulous friends and I am super grateful and blessed that they are a part of my life.
My card base is Flirty Flamingo, and In Color which will retire at the end of May.  I have grown to adore this color and will miss it for sure.  Two strips of Patterns and Pieces DSP are my new layers and they helped guide the rest of my color choices.  My paint colors include Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, Soft Suede and a little Pool Party.
I love that Best Birds has a matching Thinlit set.  I cut the branch and blossoms with pieces from the Birds and Blooms Thinlits to decorate my stamped image and finish the sketch.
For the greeting "amazing" I used the Thoughtful Banners.  I stamped it on a strip of So Saffron with Basic Black ink.  The "friend" comes from the Lovely Words Thinlits.  I stacked three of the "friend" cut outs with the top layer being Silver Glimmer Paper.  I stack them in place of using dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, this is a such beautiful card! I am a huge bird lover and collect any and all stamp sets with them. I have to restrain myself from using them ALL of the time! LOL The dsp you used was perfect! Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am very happy to be on the team and being inspired by such a talented group of crafters. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete