Friday, December 15, 2017

Gift Packaging That's Festive and Feminine

I have some beautiful packaging to share today featuring the Foil Snowflakes, Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, and the Take Out Boxes (retired).
I started by cutting two 4" wide by 12" long strips of the Bundle of Love Specialty DSP.  I glue them together to for a long 4" wide by 23" piece of paper.  With the seam at the bottom of a Take Out Box I  wrapped the paper around the box to meet at the top leaving about 5" extra for each end.  I creased them in the middle and glued them together.  Next, I slid the belly band of wrapped DSP off of the box and cut an oval in the center of the 5" extra end with the Layering Ovals Thinlits.  Tip:  don't run the entire piece through the Big Shot, just go in far enough to cut the oval and then come back.  This will keep from adding any unwanted creases in your perfectly folded belly band wrapper.
I created a tag using the center cut pieces from the wrapper as my base then I layered on a Whisper White Merry Little Labels tag.  An extra layer of Powder Pink and Gold Foil give the tag some depth and the leaves and gems bring the tag to life.  The leaves were cut using the Card Front Builders Thinlits and the Basic Rhinestones were colored with a Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends Pen.
The big goofy bow is made with Foil Snowflakes.  These may look tricky, but they are so SO simple to make.  I fold a single snowflake over my finger to create a point, add a blob of hot glue to the point, and stick it to one side of the belly band wrapper.  Each side has five snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment