Sunday, May 7, 2017

Creation Station Men Are Our Muse


With it being the first Sunday of the month it's time for our Creation Station Blog Hop.  This month  "men are our muse' and the Urban Underground Suite are our inspiration.
I have had this idea for a while to make a faux diamond plate window box.  I wasn't sure if it would work, but I was thrilled that what I had in mind came together with ease!  I used the Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder to add 3-D like texture to Silver Foil Card Stock.
Construction Tips:
1.  Cut two of the Widow Box Thinlits pieces from Silver Foil Paper.
2.  Emboss each cut piece separately using the Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder.
NOTE, for the pieces to fit in both the embossing folder and the Big Shot each piece will need to be passed through twice.  Once to emboss the sides and then a second time through to emboss the top/bottom flaps.  By the way, it was super easy to line things up and not over nor under emboss.
Once the faux diamond plate mini tool box was assembled I went to work on decorating the top.  First I wrapped a belly band around the box.  I like belly bands because the box can be opened and closed without destroying my cute work ;0)

I used the Nailed It Bundle for all the tool pieces.  I watercolored the tools with Delightful Dijon, Soft Suede, and Smokey Slate.  At first the greeting, which was stamped on Very Vanilla, was a bit blah.  Then I changed to Silver Embossing Powder on Basic Black and that was the trick to bring it all together.

to Dena
to Denita

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! The most adorable mini tool boxes ever, Elizabeth. I want to say they are so cute, but in a manly kinda way. Love! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way the window box looks made from the embossed silver foil! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete